Hello, I am Dr. Lucas MacMillan. I am a naturopathic physician, and I believe that quality of life comes first. I work hard to support my patients' health and goals, while actively encouraging balance. While many of our food choices and activities are hopefully "healthy choices," I believe it is also important to feed our soul. True health and wellness involves more than just our physical body and chemistry.
I really enjoy working with sports optimization, hormonal health, and chronic pain cases. In addition to this, I strive to maintain a general practice as I enjoy the challenge of general health concerns, and I believe that everyone is entitled to have a family doctor.
I rely heavily on research to determine which assessments and treatments to offer my patients, as the research base for all facets of medicine are expanding greatly. My training and experience from becoming a registered nurse has exposed me to the advantages and pitfalls of hospital care, which helped me to define my beliefs on both health and healthcare, as well as my role as a healthcare provider. I have an eclectic approach that involves physical exams, lab work, and comprehensive information gathering to maximize treatment effectiveness. I offer a wide range of treatments, from nutritional counselling and intravenous (IV) therapies to spinal adjustments and advanced injections. I am grateful to have many therapeutic tools, and I enjoy using them all when appropriate.
I love living in the beautiful landscape of greater Vancouver with my wife Brittany and daughter Chloe. I have dabbled in various martial arts, and I am currently training in Brazilian jiu jitsu which has been an incredible outlet for me.
I look forward to meeting you, and helping you with reaching your goals, while empowering you to reach the next level of health, performance, and satisfaction.
Education and Achievements
Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
Degree Earned: Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND)
- Various Clinical Placements & Experience:
Friends for Life: Helping those with terminal diseases
Positive Living Vancouver: Offering care for those with HIV or Hepatitis C
Boucher Naturopathic Medical Clinic: General/Family Medicine
- Elected Speaker for Graduation Ceremony on Behalf of Graduating Class
- Assistant Physical Medicine and Anatomy Proctor
- Member of Student Interview Committee
Degree Earned: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
- Inducted into Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI): international honours society of nursing
- Received Various Scholarships
- Accepted into Golden Key Society for performing in top 15% of BScN program
- Graduated in first class standing
- Successfully completed Canadian Registered Nurse Exam (CRNE) to become a Registered Nurse (RN)
Presentations & TV Appearances
- Featured numerous times on Shaw TV's only Vancouver Health show “Run with It”
- Listed contributor in Marano Publishing’s “NPLEX Review”
- Listed Contributor in Professional Health System’s “Evidence Informed Joint Mobilization” and others
- Presented international webinar for American Association of Naturopathic Medical Colleges on
pursuing your passion
- Numerous Podcast interviews relating to pain management, health promotion, and sport optimization
- Various presentations to local clubs & organizations
Certifications & Advanced Training
- Advanced Injections level B (prolotherapy & PRP training, head to toe application including aesthetics)
- Prescription authority
- Intravenous (IV) therapies
- Chelation therapies (oral & IV routes)
- Various BioIdentical Hormone conferences
- Various Women’s Health Symposiums
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation (IASTM) training